Be certain to shut off the faucet and turn
off the unit before beginning cleaning. Be
certain to unplug the unit before beginning.
Failure to do so could result in serious
1. Turn off the ionizer and unplug the
2. Remove the main unit's water filter cover,
unscrew the water filter holder, and remove the regular filter
3. Insert the electrolysis cleaning cartridge
and secure it with the water filter holder
4. Plug the end of the secondary acid run off hose with the hose
5. Bend the flexible metal pipe up so that it is higher than the
6. Turn on just enough water so that it is able to fill a 16oz glass with water flowing from the flexible metal hose, then turn off the tap and let sit for 3 to 5 hours. You can also let it sit over night.
7. Return the flexible metal hose to its original down position and
unstop the secondary acid run off hose.
8. Turn on the water and let it run for 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Turn of the water and in the same as instructions 1 and 2 replace
the cleaning cartridge with the regular filter cartridge. After the
regular filter cartridge is installed run the water for 1 to 3
10. Replace the water filter cover, plug the water
ionizers back in, and cleaning is finished.
11. After cleaning, there is a chance that some
calcium could appear in the water. In such a case,
please discard that water.
The citric acid being used in this cartridge is a
common food additive, and poses no health risks.
Caution: The cleaning cartridge can only be used
once. A new cleaning cartridge must be used each
time cleaning is conducted.